Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sexuality

As I start my transformation for 2009 I have to bring up the topic of sexuality. I'm beginning to love my body and sexual
organs a lot and for a long time I have been confused as to why people make a big deal about sexuality. I have been raised in a family where it really didn't matter about other's sexuality at all. In most African American families people make a big deal about sexuality as if that is what makes a person good or bad. My mom and dad have always had homosexual men and questionable (lol) women around me so I have never really felt uncomfortable. Now that I'm coming into my womanhood I have questioned my own sexuality and I have observed that my confidence has a lot to do with how I feel about the opposite sex and the same sex. Some people are so homo-phobic that it's irritating and uncalled for but a lot of the times these people are envious because they have sexual hang ups that don't allow them to see the other side of sexuality. I'm not going to lie there are some things about certain sexual philosophies that I don't get and don't agree with but if those people where my peers I wouldn't look at them differently, seriously. I would of course ask questions and try to understand so I don't offend them but other than that it's their life, not mine. If people just understood a little about sexual history and the evolution of sexuality I think more people would be more acceptable of sexual acts and possibly partake in them.

I love my body, mind, and soul; therefore, I will love ANYONE who accepts that and mirrors those beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment